If you're currently on a paid subscription, you can always downgrade to a different plan anytime in your subscription to meet your business's growth or lulls. If you no longer need to use FreshBooks, you can also deactivate your account (though we'll miss you!) with your data intact.
Downgrading an Account
If you’re looking to downgrade to a smaller plan, you may need to also:
- Reduce the number of Active and Archived Clients
- Remove your Team Members
- Remove a connected Accountant
- Delete any active Retainers
To delete any of the above, use the steps here first, then proceed with downgrading with the below steps:
- Ensure you have removed any Active and Archived Clients along with any other Team Members or Retainers that could be preventing you from downgrading
- Next, click on the gear icon in the top left corner
- Then click on Billing and Upgrade
- Select Manage Plan
- If you want to downgrade to remove add-ons like Advanced Payments and Team Members, click on the Manage your plan link under your current plan
- Otherwise, if you want to downgrade to a different plan, click on the Downgrade link under the plan you want to move to
- Make changes to your add-ons as needed, and click Review & Pay to save your changes
- Then click Update or Downgrade to finish. You won't be charged until your next payment is due.
Cancelling an Account
If you’re thinking of cancelling due to difficulties, please reach out to us at email@example.com directly. We're here to help address any issues you're experiencing.
Whether you no longer need to use your account, or you want to take a break and pause the account for a bit, we've made the process of cancelling and closing your account as hassle-free as possible. Your data will remain intact and preserved, and you can reactivate afterwards anytime in the future.
The Business Owner can cancel with the below steps:
- Save any data you need from your account first (once it's cancelled, you will no longer be able to access it)
- Click on the gear icon in the top left corner
- Click on Billing and Upgrade
- Then click on the cancel your account link at the bottom.
You will be taken to a page where you can leave a comment and cancel your account. Note: If you're being billed through Apple Subscriptions or Google Play Subscriptions, you'll need to use different steps to cancel here.